Show Choir Band
The Show Choir Band rehearses, travels, and performs with the “Rhapsody In Blue” Show Choir – a competitive show choir of 32 dedicated singers and dancers from Spain Park High School. The Band is comprised of SPHS students and local professional musicians. Please review the rehearsal and performance dates/times below.
Piano, Lead Guitar, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Percussion (2), Trumpet (2-4), Trombone (1-3), Alto Sax (1-2), Tenor Sax (1-2), Baritone Sax (1), Euphonium.
- Know your part in full prior to the first rehearsal.
- Familiarize yourself with the rehearsal and performance schedule.
- Notify the Band Coordinators of any anticipated absences.
- Be on time to all rehearsals and performances.
- Commit yourself to being a postitive contribution to our group.
- Pay the $50 participation fee by January 31st (see below).
Band Rehearsals: (Spain Park High School Choir Room)
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 3:45-4:30pm (rhythm section only – piano, drums, & guitars)
- Thursday, January 21, 2021, 4:00-6:00pm (with Choir)
- Monday, January 25, 2021, 4:00-6:00pm (with Choir)
- Thursday, January 28, 2020, 5:30-7:30pm (with Choir)
Times and dates subject to change.
- Saturday, February 6, 2021 – Jackson Academy | Jackson, MS
- Saturday, February 20, 2020 – Vestavia Hills High School | Vestavia, AL
- +Saturday, March 13, 2021 – Tift County High School | Tifton, GA
- +Saturday, April 3, 2021 – Auburn High School | Auburn, AL
- +Saturday, April 10, 2021 – Oak Mountain High School | Birmingham, AL
+Potential Finals Performance
*Alabama All-State Band Auditions are on this day. Please request to have your audition later in the day.
Transportation via charter bus will be provided for out-of-town performances.
- TBD – Berry Middle School Performances (9:30am & 2:25pm)
- TBD - Talent Show Finals | 12:55pm
- TBD – Hoover City Schools Show Choir Showcase | 6:00-9:00pm
A $50 participation fee is required as a member of the Show Choir Band. This fee is due January 31, 2021. The fee covers the cost of a t-shirt and travel to four competitions. You have the option of participating in upcoming Choir fundraisers to assist with payment. Please contact Mr. Schaeffer if you are unable to make this payment before January 31, 2021 or if you wish to participate in choir fundraising opportunities.